Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mission impossible!!

The countdown is on.....I am turning 35 in September!! I remember when I was about to turn 30, I was really doing pretty good, and I reached that milestone feeling pretty good. From there I believe i backslid a little, but then got back into the swing of things and was good for the next 2.5 years or so. Then........what happened? LOL So here I am with another milestone staring my in the face and I do not want it to pass me by with dissapointment. I have been going over and over in my mind what would be the best way to approach this goal. SO many choices of what to do are out there. At first glance I would think that the BFL plan was not a great long term plan, because look at me, I didn't keep off the weight. BUT in reality, it really was pretty good, it took me about 2 months to get down to where I felt pretty fit, and from that point I improved and/or stayed feeling fit for about 2.5 years. I'd consider that long term. If I hadn't let all my good habits and hard work completely die, I might have a different story right now. I think all the muscle I built is still going to benefit me even now.

Today I took my weight and measurements, and set my goals. I really am excited. I will have to be on my challenge during my family reunion in July, but we will be in a cabin so I will be able to cook and keep food on my plan there with me, I can see working out as a bit of a problem however. My solution is to do the best I can, and then add a week to the end of my challenge. At the end of this challenge I will then have exactly one month to really hit it hard till my birthday, and about that time it will be the AZ race running season. So ya wanna hear the goals??? Here are a couple:

By August 17th:

I weigh 145 pounds
I am able to run a distance of 2 miles in my 20 minute HIIT
My arms and thighs are toned and lean
My backfat is gone
I wearing my BKE jeans comfortably.....and have a couple more cute little pairs


So thats what I have going on right now. Tomorrow I start with a cardio session to kick things off right, yikes. Tomorrow I am cutting out all sugar and anything white. So if you cross my path and I am a total B****, just forgive me because I am detoxing this week. :D

1 comment:

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Good for you Janel. My life has been one thing after another in the illness department but I am eating better and doing a little workout when I can. I know that is the problem with the fitting it in. he he
I will be rooting for you and praying for you to reach your goal. Hugs, Bobbi Jo