I'm afraid I can't afford it. Bottom line. I go back and forth, some days I think I can, other days I think I have got to be crazy. I looked at suits today online and there is no way I can fork over 300 bucks a piece for 2 suits, plus I think you need a pre-judging suit, right there I'm thinking yikes. But like my friend Jill said today "but holy cow if you could look great in it, that would be something amazing" so mabye I'm looking at it all wrong. Then I think, but if I want it, I can make it happen. So I'm not going to worry about it just yet, lets get some fat stripped off and not get ahead of myself. All the other expenses, registration, shoes, hair, nails, all that I can handle, obviously I'd do a local PHX show, so that would cut out a lot of expense without having to travel.
I start thinking about who I can get to help me. There is Shawn (who's show I'm going to watch) and he has offered his help, which I am very grateful for. I'm definetly going to start there. Or theres always Tony, who I beleive in, because I have seen so many of his girls go for it and be amazing. Then theres Steve V. in Thatcher who already told me he'd do it in a heartbeat and I love training with him, he'd be affordable, but he's not as local, and the way he trains I'd really want to be in the gym physically with him, thats how he gets his best results. I can already tell ya that Mark would not be to happy about me going every other weekend to Thatcher to train. My schedule is not exactly that open, and that travelling could get pricey. Then there is Shaylene Collins, who I met at the gym. She did my assessment and we talked about it a little. Just hearing her talk I could tell she was the real deal, and while snooping around today I found her pictures for a show in July of 06 here in PHX. She placed 3rd, and she's obviously no slouch.

Uh, yeah that is pretty inspiring, because I think she looks PERFECT. In fact the girls that were #1 and 2, I thought the one was way too bottom heavy, the other one was pretty good, she might have had more abs that Shay or something, it was hard to tell. I really think she'd be great, we are the same age, she trains comp people, I need to find out what kind of coin were talking.
So as of now, this is what I'm going to do. I am going to work my butt off until the March show. I'm going to stick with the Afterburn program with Doidle and Eileen and get the ball rolling. 2 reasons why: I want to feel really good and lean when I go, so I don't feel too out of place. I want to feel like I belong there. Reason 2: iF what I think is going to happen happens, I will be chomping at the bit to do something, and I don't want to be so far out of range that I get discouraged and do nothing. There is a show here in July and in November.
I have 122 lbs of lean mass, 33 lbs of fat. I have the tools, I have resources, and this new endeavor might be just what I needed to get me inspired about myself again.


3 comments:
wow girl!! I'm proud of you! If this is something you relly want to do, then I am totally here for you. If you need anything at all, let me know. I'm happy to help. :o)
Thank you for the invite... I will check in on you.... Me being a guy I will have my points of view, but the ladies like Beka, Heart and those ladies will be able to help much more I will.
But I promise I will be cheering all the way from Kansas....
I am behind you all the WAY!!
Cas
okay Janel! I'm sooooooooo proud of you for doing this! You have had this goal for a long time! You GO GIRL!!! I know that you can do this!
Post a Comment